Tender, Tasty & Elegant -
Lamb Wine Stew Recipe
This easy Lamb Wine Stew Recipe has the flavour of elegance from the wine added to the broth. The tender lamb and tasty vegetables create a mouth-watering hearty meal.
You can serve this simple stew with potatoes, rice or - better yet, with
The green beans are a nice alternative to the usual root vegetables normally used in a stew.
The acidity of the tomatoes helps to tenderize the meat as well as flavour the gravy.
Any leftovers are great reheated the next day and served on bread or toast, for a hearty lunch
Lamb-Wine Stew Recipe
• 1 1/2 - 2 lb (3/4 - 1 K) lamb - cubed
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) cooking oil
• 1 large can diced tomatoes
• ½ cup (120 ml) water
• ½ cup (120 ml) red wine
• 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 ml) salt
• 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) pepper
• 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) dried thyme
• 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) frozen green beans
• 2 medium onions - chopped
1. Dredge the lamb pieces with the flour. Shake off any excess.
2. Heat the cooking oil in a large stew pot or Dutch oven on medium heat.Sear the lamb pieces in the hot oil.
3. Add the can of tomatoes, salt, pepper, thyme, and liquids.
4. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer the stew for 1 1/2 hours, or until the lamb pieces are tender. Stir occasionally.
5. Add the green beans and chopped onions to the pot. Replace the lid and simmer for another 25 minutes, or until the onions are tender.
6. Taste test - adjust the seasonings to your taste. Thicken your lamb wine stew recipe with flour or cornstarch - if desired.
Yield: serves 6 to 8.
Got to Lamb Stew Recipes from Lamb Wine Stew Recipe
Go to Simply Stews Home Page