This Tuscan Chicken Stew for the Crockpot is a really flavourful wholesome meal. The gravy cooks all by itself right in the pot. So when it is ready – it is all ready. This one-pot meal needs no bread or buns, although you can have them if you want– we found that it was so hearty that there was no room for anything else.
The chicken cubes braised with the flour beforehand saved thickening the broth after, for gravy.
The addition of the spinach, which didn’t even taste like spinach, added lots of extra vitamins and minerals, to an already wholesome meal.
The Mediterranean flavours give this recipe a great new taste, which I am sure your family will love.
1. Dust the chicken cubes with flour – shake off any excess.
2. Heat oil in frying pan and sear the chicken cubes until lightly browned on all sides. (You may need to do 2 batches.). Remove from pan and put into crockpot.
3. Add all other prepared vegetables and spices to crockpot.
4. Deglaze the frying pan with the 1/2 cup (120 ml) of the red wine and add to crockpot.
5. Add the chicken broth to the crockpot. Stir to combine all ingredients.
6. Turn the heat setting to high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
7. Add the spinach during the last ½ hour and stir to mix in.
8. Taste test – adjust the seasonings to your preference.
9. Serve this Tuscan Chicken Stew Recipe in individual bowls.
Yield: Serves 6
Yield: makes 1 1/8 cup mix.
1. This spice mix can be used for spicing up stews.
2. Can be used as a rub on roast poultry, pork or fish.
3. Can be incorporated into a vinaigrette by adding olive oil.
4. Can be used as a bread dip, by adding olive oil.
Click the Submit Button to add this page to StumbleUpon